(Position Filled) Now Hiring: Digital Design Specialist
November 30th, 2017
Digital Design Specialist
Creative Noggin is looking to hire a full-time, experienced, creative and technically savvy Digital Design Specialist.
Creative Noggin is an award-winning, full-service (and 100% virtual) branding, marketing and communications agency that’s headquartered in San Antonio, TX. We are well known for our inspired creative solutions, our all-around amazing group of talented folks, and for partnering with clients as an extension of their own marketing teams.
As a Digital Design Specialist, you will:
- Work with our digital and traditional marketing teams to collaborate on development of digital strategy and marketing plans
- Design, develop creative strategy and create websites and landing pages, using UX design strategies and processes
- Design, develop creative strategy and content for social media advertising campaigns
- Design, develop creative strategy and content for digital display banners to include static, animated and rich media
- Design, develop creative strategy and execution of email marketing campaigns
- Integrate existing client brands into the digital stratosphere
- Be adept at creating unique and compelling digital graphics
- Have great experience self-managing projects, timelines and workload
- Understand and stay abreast of digital best practices
- Can work in collaboration with the team to develop and put in place tracking to measure KPI’s based upon client needs
- Ensure we are nimble and making adjustments as needed according to how we are tracking on KPI’s
- Serve as an internal digital expert for client-facing meetings and internal strategic planning meetings
As a Creative Noggin employee, you:
- Think beyond your tasks to the big picture
- Practice transparent communication
- Collaborate well with all team members
- Aren’t satisfied with status quo
- Approach every client as an extension of their team
- Represent your clients internally and your team externally
Who we are looking for:
Do the following items describe you?
Naturally proactive and curious
- Always wondering and wandering; you create a path for learning to dig into the “what ifs” that is guided by a drive to bring success and explore new methods.
- As we are all based from home, you will need to be a person who can easily see what needs to be done and take the steps to get it done without someone telling you what to do.
Welcoming of failures and ready to adjust
- We all like to win but a strategist who can fail quickly, learn and adapt their process and thinking is one who is comfortable with calculated risks. We need you to move quickly while keeping in mind the risk potential.
You know when to take action
- You don’t wait for others to tell you what to do—you figure things out on your own. You ask questions. You get clarity. You iterate. You find inspiration outside, online, in secret places. You find the best way.
- You are going to work on lots of different things for very different clients at Creative Noggin. You should get just as fired up about generating leads for a tourism attraction as you would for selling propane. We all do it all.
You’re an over-communicator
- You recognize the importance of communication and take a proactive approach to communicating with team members. Don’t even assume we know. Tell us. Don’t ever assume a client is sitting on something. Ask again.
- At least five years working in a digital specialist capacity, preferably in an agency setting working on multiple clients
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the digital landscape. You can talk the talk.
- In depth knowledge of WordPress
- Basic HTML/CSS
- Exceptional skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Outstanding eye for graphic design layout, color and typography
- Ability to quickly create and edit animated graphics, video shorts and slideshows is a plus
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- A passion to learn new technology and stay current with the latest digital marketing trends
- Experience working on social media ad platforms
- Proven track record in improving campaign performance through application of best practices and controlled experimentation
- Ability to quickly learn and master complex marketing tools and platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
Who we are not looking for:
We want to save your time and our time, so here are a few things we don’t want in a Digital Design Specialist. If any of these things sound like you at all, please do not apply.
- You aren’t accustomed to working at a breakneck pace, on deadline with several clients at a time.
- You don’t want to bother anyone and prefer to work alone and are cautious to ask questions. We all work from home. That means that in order to get the info you need to do your job you will have to take the initiative to speak up, ask questions and get the info you need.
- You are afraid of working directly with clients and presenting to them. (Our clients see us as partners and enjoy working face-to-face with our team).
- You are easily distracted and find the idea of working from home attractive so you can get laundry done, watch your shows, save on childcare, etc. This is a full-time position. Your office just happens to be in your house (or wherever you happen to be that day).
Why should you work at Creative Noggin?
- Creative Noggin is simply put a very unique and special place. Creative Noggin is an agency that many of our team have said they are proud to call home…and never plan to leave. It’s hard to explain. Just talk with us about why we love to work here. Or better yet, watch these videos, and you’ll start to understand why.
- An ego-less workplace. We believe life is too short to work with prima donnas. Enough said.
- We are lovers of learning. We push each other to do things differently, to learn a new skill, to share a success. We push you, but we won’t let you struggle.
- We take work and play very seriously. In a perfect world, the lines between the two are blurred. We like to keep it light around here.
- Salary and benefits
- Salaried pay commensurate with experience
- All employees are eligible to receive quarterly bonuses based upon stated business goals
- Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Work from home and no commute!!
- Friendly, fun and flexible work environment with a team of awesome people.
If Creative Noggin sounds looks like a place you could call home, email resume, salary history and requirements and work samples to email@example.com. No phone calls please.