(Position Filled) Looking for our Shining Star – Senior Account Executive
January 31st, 2018
Creative Noggin is looking to hire a Senior Account Executive with a proven track record of success managing and leading client accounts.
Creative Noggin is an award-winning, full-service (and 100% virtual) branding, marketing and communications agency that is headquartered in San Antonio, TX. We are well known for our inspired creative solutions, our all-around amazing group of talented folks, and for partnering with clients as an extension of their own marketing teams.
As a Senior Account Executive you will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with Account Director on strategy development, planning and proposals
- Initiating and estimating projects, developing creative briefs as well as client-facing documents, and working within our project management system
- Day-to-day managing of projects in-process, making certain projects:
- Meet and exceed client expectations
- Are completed on time and on budget
- Client relations—getting to know your clients, what they like, what they don’t and developing strong working relationships
- Agency business:
- Maintain profitability with projects
- Work to grow relationships and business with clients
- Have skill to balance looking out for best interest of client as well as with agency needs; it’s always possible to balance both
Who we are looking for:
Do the following items describe you?
- A stickler for details.
- Self-directed: able to work alone, see what needs to be done, and take the steps needed without someone telling you to produce results
- Naturally curious. You ask questions. You get clarity. You iterate. You find inspiration outside, online, in secret places. You find the best way. You share learnings with the team when helpful.
- You’re versatile. You are going to work on lots of different things for very different clients at Creative Noggin. You should get just as fired up about generating leads for a tourism attraction as you would for selling propane. We all do it all.
- Ability to jump from one task to another and then back without losing momentum.
- Very internet and computer savvy; because of our virtual business model, our business is managed heavily using technology
- A confident thought leader able to speak up for what you believe BUT also a good listener
- Someone who is not afraid to admit you don’t know something and ask questions
- A true problem solver willing to take the steps to dig and find out the answers when you don’t have all the facts
- Ability to see the big picture but also able to dive into the weeds and get things accomplished.
- You recognize the importance of communication and take a proactive approach to communicating with team members. Don’t ever assume we know. Tell us. Don’t ever assume a client is sitting on something. Ask again.
As a Creative Noggin employee, you:
- Think beyond your tasks to the big picture
- Practice transparent communication
- Collaborate well with all team members
- Aren’t satisfied with status quo
- Approach every client as an extension of their team
- Represent your clients internally and your team externally
- At least five years managing marketing projects
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the marketing landscape. You can talk the talk.
- At least five years account/project management experience, preferably in an agency setting.
Who we are NOT looking for:
We want to save your time and our time, so here are a few things we don’t want in an Account Executive. If any of these things sound like you at all, please do not apply.
- You aren’t accustomed to working at a breakneck pace, on deadline with several clients at a time
- You don’t want to bother anyone and prefer to work alone and are cautious to ask questions. We all work from home. That means that in order to get the info you need to do your job you will have to take the initiative to speak up, ask questions and get the info you need.
- You are afraid of working directly with clients and presenting to them. (Our clients see us as partners and enjoy working face-to-face with our team).
- You don’t have the experience or guts to help shape a growing agency. We’re growing quickly and are looking for someone with the gusto to help us evolve and grow.
- You are easily distracted and find the idea of working from home attractive so you can get laundry done, watch your shows, save on childcare, etc. This is a full-time position. Your office just happens to be in your house (or wherever you happen to be that day).
Why should you work at Creative Noggin?
- Creative Noggin is simply put, a very unique and special place. Creative Noggin is an agency that many of our team have said they are proud to call home…and never plan to leave. It’s hard to explain. Just talk with us about why we love to work here. Or better yet, watch these videos, and you’ll start to understand why.
- An ego-less workplace. We believe life is too short to work with prima donnas. Enough said.
- We are lovers of learning. We push each other to do things differently, to learn a new skill, to share a success. We push you, but we won’t let you struggle.
- We take work and play very seriously. In a perfect world, the lines between the two are blurred. We like to keep it light around here.
- Salary and benefits
- Salaried pay commensurate with experience
- All employees are eligible to receive quarterly bonuses based upon stated business goals
- Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Generous paid time off
- Work from home and no commute!!
- Friendly, fun and flexible work environment with a team of awesome people.
If Creative Noggin sounds looks like a place you could call home, email resume, salary history and requirements and work samples to email@example.com. No phone calls please.