We’ve joked about handing out cigars after this project! Few projects require the stamina and scope to make you feel like a proud mom when it’s all done. After an amazing team effort by VMFoundry in Austin, the Fredericksburg Convention and Visitor Bureau and Creative Noggin, we are proud to announce the launch of the Fredericksburg CVB’s new website, a project we knew was coming the moment we landed the business two years ago.
For a year, we were chomping at the bit to get it started since we’d anticipated what an opportunity it would be for them to build their visitor base and expand their social media reach. And now, they have the most comprehensive, current and informative content on Fredericksburg, Texas than any other site on the Internet.
The really great thing about the Fredericksburg CVB site is that because they are funded by hotel/motel tax, they serve EVERYONE. Which means, they don’t just feature B&B’s, restaurants or retail shops that PAY to be on there. They list EVERY lodging property, restaurant, retail store and attraction. And because they rely on visitors coming here, their information is current-updated daily by a staff of “in-the-know” Fredericksburg professionals! They truly are THE official resource for Fredericksburg info.
The website includes these great features:
1. Lodging — Find the perfect accommodation for you. You can search using a myriad of parameters like “jacuzzi tub”, “pet friendly” “price range” and others. And every listing will take you directly to the site where you can book it!
2. Restaurants — See EVERY restaurant available. (And let me tell you, as a resident of Fredericksburg, there’s some really great food here.) Again, you can search by type, price range, etc. Lots of options.
3. Shopping — If you’ve ever been to Fredericksburg, you know shopping is one of the favorite pastimes. Go to the shopping section and you can browse through the list of retail stores (Did I say EVERY retail store?) Yes, and you can even search for certain categories such as “clothing”, “home decor” and others. Sweet!
4. Attractions — This is really where you begin to see that you just CAN’T do Fredericksburg in a day trip anymore. (Yeah, I know, they’re funded by hotel/motel tax so they want you to spend the night, but just go check out the attractions and tell me if you can do it in a day.)
5. Plan your trip — there’s even a section that lays it all out for you….3, 5 and 7 day itineraries. Along with maps and listings of all the city services you’d possibly need.
6. History— One of my favorite sections. See how Fredericksburg came to be.
7. Music and Entertainment calendars!!!! This is awesome and something even alot of the locals will end up book marking. There is so much going on in Fredericksburg now. Music, live theater, festivals, art exhibits. And it’s all on a calendar that you can select to JUST show the categories you’re interested in.
8. Wine app — Wine is BIG here. And if it’s big for you, right on the homepage you’ll want to check out the FBG wine app.
So check it out and let us know what you think. Better yet, get yourself out to Fredericksburg and experience some of its German Heritage and Texan Hospitality!
PS —Mobile site coming soon!
By Trish Rawls