Who We Are Looking For
To succeed in this role we expect you to be analytical, organized and structured with an eye for detail. You have the ability to work independently and to take initiative. You have a strong financial background and understand strategic financial practices to support our growing agency.
You enjoy constantly planning and re-planning, predicting and solving upcoming problems to reach deadlines, and you love facilitating team collaboration to make sure things get delivered on time. You will be dealing with confidential and sensitive information and it is important that you are able to handle it with integrity and responsibility.
NOTE: This is a hybrid position requiring that candidates be located within the San Antonio metropolitan area. The position will work primarily from their home, but there will be work that will require a presence within San Antonio.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Reporting & Analysis. Ensure efficient and accurate financial monitoring and reporting and own the annual budget process by working closely with the leadership team.
- Invoicing, A/R & AP. Work with our account team as they invoices for clients, resolve any billing issues and manage A/R reporting and collection communication with our clients.
- Financial Administration.
- Manage all aspects of the company’s administrative office functions and provide support in the areas of payroll processing, accounts payable and clerical functions.
- Process payroll for the company including full-time staff and contractors.
- Process accounts payables, adhering to all established AP policies, ensuring accurate, on-time payments and fast dispute resolutions.
- Manage all Accounts Receivable and Payable using Advantage.
- Work with CPA firm to prepare monthly and annual financial statements and reports.
- Manage and oversee agency event planning (for agency meetings, not clients).
Human Resources Management
- Responsible for human resources coordinator duties, including but not limited to employee onboarding, termination paperwork and compliance. Will work closely with the agency PEO company to administer.
- Ensure alignment to create a strong, cross-functional team to execute on company-wide HR initiatives.
- Talent Acquisition. Work directly with leadership to support administratively in times of new talent acquisition: includes needs like job posting management, checking references, etc.
- Internal System Management. Ensure that our tech stack is current, audited, and that no unneeded or unused subscriptions are being maintained.
- 5+ years direct finance experience
- Advanced knowledge in Excel and financial systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Management skills and experience are a plus
- Self-motivated problem-solver
- A desire to collaborate with others
Every Creative Noggin employee shares the same set of values, regardless of role or responsibility:
- WE ARE COLLABORATIVE. We work remotely yet together with open minds and hearts, welcoming new ideas and alternative ways of thinking to make everyone—our clients, each other and ourselves—successful.
- WE ARE STRATEGIC. Everything we do comes down to one word: Why? We ensure that every action we take is oriented towards achieving the best possible outcome.
- WE ARE SMART. We are all naturally curious learners who naturally thrive when we are gaining more knowledge. We ask questions, seek to learn more and apply our learnings for the greater good.
- WE ARE FUN. We have learned not to take ourselves too seriously. We work hard but also know how to find levity in the midst of our day. We enjoy laughing—sometimes at ourselves and often with each other.
- WE ARE PASSIONATE. We all take great pride in our work and are always internally driven to level-up.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Company Paid Basic Life, AD&D Insurance
- Retirement Plan with Company Match and Profit Sharing
- Friendly, fun, and flexible work environment with a team of awesome people
- Work from home with flexible schedule
Required Next Steps
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Job Application – Creative Noggin Director of Finance and Administration – San Antonio Texas'
- A cover letter
- Your salary history and requirements
Please visit this link https://take.surveys.ci/s/6wsWVe58Hg/68909 and take a short 10-12 minute Culture Index survey. The survey MUST be complete for interview consideration.
We’re reserving the phone lines for all of the clients we need your help servicing, so at this point no calls…email only, please!